Why education fails so many

I count myself as one who has been very lucky in receiving the kind of education I have.I matriculated from Clarendon Girls High (a girls school in East London) in 2005. Part of my education was sponsered by an organisation Friends of South Afroca Students (FOSAS) which has now amalgamted with Student Scholarship Programme. It was only after I came to Rhodes University when I realised that what I had called school for 12 years was no the norm for many South African people. The article below is a reflection on my experience and as well as moving forward as somone who wants to make education better for the majority of learners in South Africa...

http://www.dispatch.co.za/article.aspx?id=380478

Comments

Pity it's no longer on the DD website. Would have been interesting to read.

Popular Posts